[Review] The Ordinary Organic Cold-Pressed 100% Rose Hip Seed Oil

Januari 26, 2018

Hi!!

Happy New Year 2018!


In this post I will wrote my review about my current holygrail skincare product from The Ordinary. I guess everyone is already familiar with this brand. If not, The Ordinary is a new skincare brand under Canadian beauty company called The Deciem, which describes as 'an evolving collection of treatments offering familiar, effective clinical technologies positioned to raise pricing and communication integrity in skincare. The brand was created to celebrate integrity in its most humble and true form'. So basically, the skincare range from The Ordinary use only the simplest ingredient possible in every form of their product and offered with a very affordable price range as well. 

I personally have tried one of the product from the Ordinary, which is their Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% but I have not written the review yet. The product that I will mention in this post is none other than their 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil. Yep. This is actually my first time using an oil in my skincare routine and I am liking it so much. A bit story why I decided to start incorporating oil on my skincare routine. At first, the idea of using oil on my skin made me cringe. I never like the feeling of using oil on my skin. I always think that it will be very sticky, greasy, and so on. Despite that, I have seen a lot of good review or explanation about the miracle of using face oils, especially for people with PIH, acnes, dehydrated skin. One of the oil that is currently live up the hype of skincare junkies is The Rose Hip Oil. Rose Hip or rosehip oil (I really don't have any idea which one is the correct way to write it) is known to have amazing benefits to our skin. Those are including fading scar, even out skin tone, brightening and firming. This reason led me to watch Liah Yoo's video about Clear Acne With Oil where she explained in a very detailed way how facial oils can actually save your skin from acne. Thus I decided to give it a try and turns out, as I said before, I love it very much. Anyway, I will probably write a simple but thorough explanation about facial oils later. Let's jump to the review, shall we?


What is it?
The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil. 

Notable Ingredients:
Pure Rose Canina (Rose Hip) Seed Oil


Claims:
Daily Support Formula for all skin type.

Texture and Scent:
Oily but quite light. It absorbs pretty fast too! the scent might be unpleasant for some people but it does not really bother (for me). The color itself is a dark yellow.

How to Use:
Apply once a day, preferably in a bedtime after application of water-based treatment.
(Tips: to ease the greasiness especially when you are a facial oils first timer, mix 2-3 drops of the oil with your moisturizer and rub it on your palms to heat it u before applying it on your face)

Verdict:
As I have been incorporating this to my routine for two months, I can certainly say that this improves my skin a lot. The first time I used this, I thought that I probably won't like it as it gives my skin an oily kind of feeling (which is a certain, what do you expect from an oil?), but turned out it is not that bad. The next day my skin felt really nice and not greasy at all. My skin feels smooth, literally less bumps and even on some days I notice that my clogged pores are literally gone. I rarely get any breakout anymore unless hormonal ones but hey that is quite a huge improvement. Skin looks more even and plump. As for acne scarring, I really cannot say much because I also use a vit c essence so I am not really sure which one is taking the role but what I notice my PIH from my healed acnes are faded away faster than before. Another reason why I love this product is because it is free from any additional ingredient so you get the purest possible form of Rose Hip oil. It is also suitable for sensitive skin as it is does not contain any fragrance and alcohol. The greatest thing of all, The Ordinary Rose Hip oil is the most affordable one that you can choose especially when you are on a budget. It lasts really long though, I mean I use it every day for 2-3 drops and it is already more than enough and I still have more than half a bottle of it. How cool is that? Overall, I can say that my skin is literally in a very healthy condition ever since I use this. Definitely one of my holy grail and now I cannot get my skin off from this product.

Disclaimer:
My skin type is normal to dry and dehydrated. Prone to acne as well. Anyway, if you have oily acne prone skin, this product should be work for you too. But then again, People's skin reaction to skincare products may vary.

Will I repurchase?

For sure, but I am thinking about trying the Organic Rose Hip Oil from Trilogy as it is also highly raved but it priced a little bit higher than this. I definitely recommend this product to anyone who has skin problems and want to try using facial oils without breaking a bank. 


For fellow Indonesian, you can purchase this The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil and any other The Ordinary skincare products from Benscrub.com! Use my code 'BABESFIFI' to get a 50K Off for minimum purchase 300K Rupiahs when checking out. 


Thanks for reading, XOXO






You Might Also Like

4 comments